The Poster as an Essential Activity
A Viral Exhibit Prospectus 2020
The Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum in Two Rivers, Wisconsin is dedicated to the preservation, study, production and printing of wood type. The intent of the exhibit is to illustrate people’s reactions to the COVID-19 outbreak in the Spring of 2020. The call for posters or prints is open to anyone and is limited only by size of 26” x 40” (2D), for hanging purposes.
- September 30 - Entry submission due
- December 1 - Artwork due at Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum
- January 1- Exhibition opens
- March 31 - Exhibition closes at Hamilton
Eligibility & Media
- This international exhibition is open to artists of all ages.
- You may submit up to 3 prints for this exhibit.
- Open to both traditional and non-traditional printmaking arts media; must include letterpress printing. Exclusively digital prints or photographs will not be accepted.
- Work must not be framed.
- Size of work must not exceed 26 x 40 inches or 66.04 x 101.6 cm.
- Incomplete and 3D entries will not be accepted.
Agreement to Participate
An application form indicates the artist verifies the following:
- Submitted work is original and uninhibited by copyrights.
- The conditions of entry and exhibit as outlined are agreed upon.
- The artwork is available and will ship or be delivered to the museum.
Donation to Permanent Collection and Sale of Work
Artists work that is displayed is donated to the museum’s permanent collection. This allows for the work to travel in future years and be seen by more viewers. Hamilton will not sell these posters, they are for exhibition only.
Shipping of Work
After submitting your application form, ship your work to the museum and it must arrive unframed at Hamilton by December 1, 2020. Work must arrive clearly labeled with artist information. Work that differs significantly from the entry images or suffers from poor presentation will be disqualified.
Work may be shipped or personally delivered during museum hours (Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm).
Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum
Attn: Covid Show
1816 10th Street
Two Rivers, WI 54241
Hamilton and our exhibition partners will be photographing the exhibition. Photographs taken may be used for future promotional materials. By submitting an application and participating in the exhibition the artist waives all rights of photographs taken for publicity purposes.
Artists are encouraged to insure their work. Hamilton is not liable for damage caused during shipping for any reason, including mishandling by carrier or failure of packaging to protect work in transit. Artists are responsible for damage caused to submitted work by failure of the work itself, its mounting systems installed or provided by the artist, disintegration/degradation due to the nature/quality of materials or craftsmanship or incidental damage to work whose artist-directed presentation methods put them at risk.
Artist Bio, Description of Process and Images
For documentation and publicity purposes, an artist bio and short description of your process is required with the application. Please include why and how you created this work. It must be less than 300 words.
Please make sure that submitted images are clear, professionally presented and accurately represent the work.
Entry Fee and Submission
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $10 USD entitles the artist to submit up to three entries. Artists may not submit more than 3 entries.
- Only one jpeg image per artwork entry will be accepted.
- Only publication-ready jpeg files will be accepted.
- Hamilton will not sell these posters, they are for exhibition only.
Artists are welcome to contact us with questions and comments; call +1 (920) 794-6272 or email email@example.com.